Are you are a teacher, parent governor or group leader who is keen to organise a group of children from you school? Take a look at our Teacher’s Tool Kit – here you will find a Quick Step-By-step Guide to organising a group, with links to a selection of downloadable resources to make the organisation quick and simple.
1. Tell your Head Teacher & Colleagues
You can download a template letter which details everything your head teacher, and colleagues need to know.
2. Send a letter home to parents, to tell them about what you are planning and invite them to register their children. Download our template letter for parents below and decide if you are going to use the opportunity to fundraise. You could raise funds for your own PTA, a cause local to your school or one of our official charity partners.
3. Remind everybody that your class/school are taking part
Download flyers and posters below.
4. Sponsorship Forms Download our Sponsorship template below
5. Race day planning To help you organise parents ahead of race day, download a template letter which contains all the vital information parents need including timing, location, travel arrangements, group meeting points etc
The Berkshire Schools Challenge recognises children’s individual and whole school running effort. Individual awards are made to the top 3 boys and girls in the Mini Mile for age groups 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 years, and in the Mini Marathon for 9/10, 11/12 and 13/14 years. There are also school awards made in each age group using combined results from the schools top 3 runners.